We had a bit of a cool morning this morning despite yesterday's warm afternoon.
With nice clear skies, we warmed up quickly today, with highs in the mid to upper 80s - that's about 10 degrees higher than mid-week.
In fact, we're hitting the lower 90s this afternoon in some parts of the valley.
The low-pressure storm system that brought mountain thunderstorms yesterday has moved into Southern California, though we may see a few storms south of Highway 50.
With high-pressure building over the Pacific Northwest, the amped-up pressure gradient means increasing northerly winds this afternoon with gusts to 20 to 30 mph over the Valley.
The Easterly flow means a chance for thunderstorms across the Sierra this weekend, though everywhere else is staying dry!
The Delta breeze should increase again over the weekend.
Plan on warm temperatures to continue through the weekend with Valley highs remaining in the low to mid 80s and low 90s closer to Redding.
Early next week the high pressure moves eastward while a trough of low pressure develops over the Pacific.
So, expect a dry and warm start to the work week before shifting to cooler, cloudier, and potentially wet weather.
7 DAY: Redding forecast
7 DAY: Chico forecast
WEATHER: Maps and radar
- Hot and breezy into the weekend
- Warming this Weekend & Staying Breezy
- Breezy Afternoon, Rain Ahead This Weekend
- Breezy Monday, Warm Temperatures
- Mostly dry & breezy today
- Chance of Rain this Week, Breezy Weekend Ahead
- Breezy through Wednesday, with a warm weekend ahead!
- Breezy & warm through the week, mostly dry weekend ahead
- Cool, Sunny & Breezy Through Christmas
- Getting warmer today, and HOT this weekend