UPDATE 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 8, 2019 - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office has identified the victim in a homicide in Anderson on Wednesday.
The victim has been identified as Adam Russell Mancebo, 41, of Anderson.
The suspect in the investigation, Michael Patrick Oconnell, will be arraigned at 1:30 p.m. on Friday.
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call the Shasta County Sheriff's Office at (530) 245-6135.
UPDATE, 11:07 P.M. Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2019 - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office identified the suspect as Michael Patrick Occonnell.
Occonnell was booked in the Shasta County Jail for murder.
He told detectives that he shot his roommate with a 12 gauge shotgun to the torso after an argument.
Oconnel is scheduled for arraignment this Friday.
HAPPY VALLEY, Calif. - A man was shot and killed at around 5 p.m. Wednesday on the 7000 block of Happy Valley Road in Happy Valley, according to Sgt. Brian Jackson of the Anderson Police Department.
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office, Major Crime Unit, is the task force investigating the homicide.
Only one victim was reported dead at the scene, but there were two others also at the house when officers arrived.
One of these other people were taken into custody by the Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
Jackson said the suspect was very cooperative.
The exact murder weapon, as well as the motive, have not been released yet.
We will continue to update this as we receive more information.
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office Identifies Victim in Anderson Homicide
- Shasta County Sheriff Identifies Victims in Double Homicide
- Camp Fire victim identified by Butte County Sheriff's Office
- Suspect identified in Anderson officer-involved shooting
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Most Wanted Criminals
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office declares local emergency
- Victim identified in Redding homicide investigation
- Sutter Co. Detectives investigating homicide, victim identified
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office Identifies Suspect in Officer-Involved Shooting off I-5
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office identifies man killed in officer-involved shooting