Demolition has begun this week on eighteen homes north of the Chico State campus. The university purchased the homes with plans to build new student housing and parking, but as of Tuesday night it looks like the university has yet to come to an agreement with some homeowners to clear the area.
The owners of three homes in the planned demolition area have yet to agree to sell. We knocked on their doors to get their response to the story but none of them were home. We did speak to one of the tenants renting one of the homes. They told me off camera that the home is owned by a brother and sister and that there may have been some escrow or paperwork issues that is holding up the sale.
Chico State says their plan to develop the area has been one 20 years in the making. Regardless of the outcome, they plan to continue expansion.
Chico State plans to complete demolition of the 18 homes in just two weeks. They say in the meantime that conversations with the owners of the three homes are 'productive' and that they will continue discussions.
- Homeowner Hold-up in Chico State Campus Expansion
- Build.com Continues Chico Expansion
- Police investigate shooting near Chico State campus
- Chico State Police Searching for Campus Rape Suspect
- Officials Identify Body Found on Chico State's Campus
- Chico State Discusses Campus Situation during Camp Fire
- Police investigate potential threat on Chico State campus
- Chico State holds 'Cal Fresh After Dark' event
- Chico State graduations continue
- String of armed robberies on Chico State campus has police on high alert