Photo Gallery 2 Images
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) - A homeless man has been arrested at Lake Tahoe after authorities say he started a fire near Sierra College's Tahoe-Truckee campus.
The Sierra Sun reports 66-year-old Scott Stevenson was charged Wednesday with unlawfully causing a fire of a structure or forest land.
He as being held in the Nevada County Jail. Jail records don't indicate if he has a lawyer who could comment.
The Truckee Police Department says Stevenson suggested he lit the fire and was having hallucinations that a Biblical flaming bush was talking to him. It says Stevenson is not from the area and was passing through.
Officer Pat Schaffer says he spotted the fire burning on the south sloop of the campus and then saw Stevenson suspiciously trying to leave the area. Firefighters quickly put out the blaze.
- Homeless man charged in arson fire at Lake Tahoe college
- BCSO: Lake Tahoe Man Arrested for Drugs
- Underwater Trail Now Open at Lake Tahoe
- Bear comes inside North Lake Tahoe home for a snack
- Woman swept to her death at Lake Tahoe waterfall
- Big rig explosion involving multiple vehicles in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Highway 28 Overnight Closures
- Tahoe woman found buried alive
- Apartment fire results in arson charges
- Siskiyou County man arrested on arson charges