The Sojourner's House on the Ridge or "SHOR," which helps the homeless, finds itself in a financial bind and could use more donations from the community. In fact, unable to afford an increase in rent, this week the non-profit moved to a new location on Clark Road in Paradise. While the day resource center still provides things like food, clothing, access to the internet and help in applying for government services, it no longer can offer showers on-site or laundry service. When it comes to the center's needs, all types of donations are welcome.
"Not just money; food, clothing, tents, blankets, bus passes would be fabulous now that we're unable to provide laundry services. A gift card to to the local laundromat would go a long ways to help somebody," said Virginia Underwood, the executive director of SHOR.
The organization is holding its biggest fundraiser of the year on July 17 at the Norton Buffalo Hall. All proceeds from a concert by
Radim Zenkl, a world renown mandolin player will go to the resource center. The concert is scheduled to begin at 7:30 pm.
Ticket prices range from $10 to $20.
Tickets are available at SHOR located at 6189 Clark Road or at Eventbrite.com. The SHOR support center is open Monday - Thursday from 12 to 4 pm.
- Homeless Day Resource Center in Paradise Needs Donations
- Chico Veteran’s Resource Center Expands
- Paradise Celebrates Gold Nugget Days
- Paradise Performing Arts Center concert series
- Atria Paradise Offers Senior Cooling Center
- International Overdose Awareness Day: Resources and Help
- Honoring a Paradise veteran
- Paradise Breakfast with Santa
- Paradise woman turns 100
- Paradise Elderly Man Found