UPDATE 2:26 p.m. Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - The Holy Fire has reignited near Trabuco Canyon.
The blaze is now 23,986 acres and is 94 percent contained.
UPDATE 11:09 a.m. Monday, August 20, 2018 - The Holy Fire is 22,887 acres and is 92 percent contained.
UPDATE 9:10 a.m. Thursday, August 10, 2018 - The Holy Fire is 18,137 acres and 5 percent contained.
UPDATE 11:35 a.m. Thursday, August 9, 2018 - (AP) At least 20,000 foothill and canyon residents have evacuated as a growing wildfire churns through the Cleveland National Forest south of Los Angeles.
Fire spokeswoman Kate Kramer says Thursday that the majority of the 15-square-mile (39-square-kilometer) blaze is burning in wildland areas. But officials are concerned about flames creeping down hillsides toward neighborhoods. The fire is just 5 percent contained.
Kramer says crews with air support are also trying to keep flames away from Santiago Peak, where critical communication infrastructure for the region is located.
Officials say heavy smoke settling on surrounding communities is creating unhealthy conditions.
A 51-year-old man arrested on suspicion of arson in connection with the so-called Holy Fire is expected in court Thursday.
UPDATE 5:02 p.m. Tuesday, August 7, 2018 - The Holy Fire is 4,000 acres and 2 percent contained.
Voluntary evacuation warnings are in place for Highway 74 (Ortega Highway) West from Lookout Restaurant at Nichols Institute and all connecting roads in the communities of Rancho Capistrano, El Cariso Village and Blue Jay are under voluntary Evacuation Warning.
Residents should exit west to Orange County to avoid fire equipment coming up on the Elsinore side.
HOLY JIM, TRABUCO CANYON, CALIF. - The Holy Fire began around 1:21 p.m. on August 6 in Holy Jim Canyon, the west side of the Santa Mountains in Orange County.
It is currently 4,000 acres and is zero percent contained.
Orange County Fire Authority first responded with Cleveland National Forest firefighters arriving soon afterwards.
Stay tuned for updates. This is a developing story.
- Holy Fire Reignites Near Trabuco Canyon
- Texas chemical fire reignites
- Suspect Arrested in Connection With Holy Fire
- California Woman Accused of Scamming Holy Fire Victims
- Voluntary Evacuations in Place for Holy Fire Burn Area
- Suicidal Man Ignites Fire at Canyon Road in Redding: RFD
- Stoney Fire Prompts Power Outage in Canyon Oaks area
- Stilson Canyon Road Residents Speak After Camp Fire Evacs Lifted
- Butte Creek Canyon Day is Sunday
- Wildland Fire Contained Near Happy Valley off of Canyon Rd. in Shasta Co.