REDDING, Calif. - Hundreds of people are planning to fly out of Redding for their holiday trips.
The winter weather in the North State and around the country could mean bad news for outgoing holiday flights from the Redding airport.
Redding Arcata, and Crescent City are the only commercial airports north of Sacramento. Just like Redding, the Arcata-Eureka airport's biggest cause of delays is aircraft arriving late.
Action News Now shares an outlook of what travelers coming from that airport might face.
There's a variety of factors that can cause delays nationally and locally but Action News Now took a look at all the flights coming in and out of Redding.
In the next couple of days, all flights are on time, as of Tueday none are canceled or expected to be delayed. However, that might change once the winter storm comes in.
In terms of the airports reliability Action News Now pulled some statistics from last November.
67% of flights were on time and about 4% were cancelled. Then the biggest percentage of delays came from aircrafts being late coming into Redding.
The big reason for those aircraft being late is not Redding but the airports they are coming from.
LAX has decent reliability when it comes to on-time departures but San Fransisco is far from it.
San Fransisco International Frequently tops the worst airports for weather delays specifically because of the fog.
Action News Now talked with a few passengers who were traveling but didn't want to speak on-camera. Depsite the weather moving in, the passengers seem pretty optomistic that they will be able to get where they are going.
Check more information regarding your holiday travel, CLICK HERE.
- Holiday travel, airport impacts
- Thanksgiving Holiday Travel Guide
- Fourth of July Holiday Travel
- Severe weather & major travel impacts this weekend
- Action News Now Holiday Travel Guide
- Amtrak ready to accommodate holiday travelers
- Gas prices and holiday travel plans
- Low snow brings major travel impacts to Northern California today
- Drying out today, but major travel impacts ahead
- Severe winter weather will bring big travel impacts this weekend