A driver and his passenger are accused of dashing into Gold Country Casino after slamming into another car in Oroville Saturday afternoon.
The California Highway Patrol says the driver of a Toyota pick-up passed a stopped semi at a red light and ran that red light then hit a Ford Explorer.
The pick-up truck careened off the embankment and hit a gate.
Afterwards, the man and woman inside that wrecked Toyota took off on foot.
Investigators say the woman was witnessed tossing a meth pipe and crushing it with her foot.
The pair ran into the Gold Country Casino but were later stopped by security.
"If it is an impairment issue this has been a pretty rough start for us. We're trying everything we can think of to get these impaired drivers off the road and it seems we're completely overwhelmed with impaired drivers,” said Ryan Lambert, a CHP officer.
The injured woman in the Ford Explorer went to the hospital with moderate injuries.
The CHP said the pick-up truck driver is under arrest for a felony hit and run and DUI.
The female passenger was issued a citation for drug possession of paraphernalia.
- Hit-and-run crash leaves 1 woman injured
- Children Injured in Durham Hit and Run
- Hit and Run Injures Chico Child
- DUI crash leaves 6 injured, including children
- Car goes airborne, crashes into 2nd floor, leaves 2 injured
- 2 car crash near Junction leaves 2 injured
- Small plane crash leaves three injured in Siskiyou Co.
- Redding DUI Hit and Run
- Gridley Woman Pleads Not Guilty to Fatal Hit and Run