CHICO, Calif. - Thousands of Chico residents attended the 101st “Pioneer Days Parade” with the theme of education being front and center of the event on Saturday.
Groups such as Chico High School, MONCA, Rosedale Elementary School and the Chico Shriners Mini Car Club made appearances.
The superintendent of the Chico Unified School District and the presidents of Chico State and Butte College were honorary grand marshals.
Some locals came out for a beautiful day to celebrate Chico’s history.
“It’s great to be out here at the pioneer day parade. I'm here with my daughters and my niece and we're just having fun! We're out here supporting my daughter's elementary school and it's just a good day!” said Meegan Jessee, a Chico resident.
Action News Now anchor Debbie Cobb was one of the moderators of the event.
Our very own Linda Watkins-Bennett, James Villalobos and AJ Abell also attended at the fun parade.
Follow @newsfromjafet on Twitter
- History of Chico celebrated in 101st ‘Pioneer Days Parade’
- Participation encouraged for 101st Pioneer Day Parade
- Chico Pioneer Day Parade is May 4th
- More Than 100 Entries in Chico's Pioneer Day Parade Saturday
- Pioneer Days Parade takes place in downtown Chico for 102 years
- Chico students celebrate National Pink Shirt Day
- National Ice Cream Day Celebrated in Chico
- International Women's Day celebration at Chico State
- Shasta County Celebrates Indigenous History and Culture
- Butte County kids celebrate American history