CAMPTON, Ky. - A pair of hikers in Kentucky rescued six puppies while hiking along the Red River Sunday, according to WLEX-TV.
The hikers, Hailee Reed and Angela Turner came across the abandoned puppies, but they did not see any sign of a mom or owner.
They decided to walk down to a nearby restaurant.
The couple luckily found three of the puppies’ homes and decided to keep one of them, who they are naming “Red.”
The other two puppies are available for adoption.
Reed is in touch with the new puppy owners and she plans to have a sibling reunion hike on the same trial they were found.
Stay with Action News Now for Coverage you can Count on. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Hikers Stumble Upon Abandoned Puppies in Kentucky
- Abandoned puppies saved by Good Samaritan
- National Puppy Day
- Puppy death plea
- UPDATE: Oregon Hiker Found Safe
- California abandons plan to tax text messages
- Investigations continue in Concow puppy mill case
- Puppies Saved From Connecticut Store Fire
- Missing Mount Shasta Hiker Found Alive
- Two Hikers Rescued from Feather Falls