CHICO, Calif. - A hiker fell about 75 feet and broke his ankle and leg in several spots on Saturday in Chico's Upper Bidwell Park.
This video comes from the Chico Fire Department.
Their team dropped a rescue tech down by helicopter onto Monkey Face and then lifted the injured hiker out of the rocky area.
The hiker was flown to where medics were staged at the Rod and Gun club in the park and was then taken to the hospital.
Butte County Search and Rescue helped out in the effort.
- Hiker was injured on Monkey Face in upper Bidwell Park
- Weekend hikers enjoy newly reopened trails in upper Bidwell Park
- Parks commission to consider $1 parking fee for Upper Bidwell
- Parts of South Upper Bidwell Park Reopened After Stoney Fire
- Roads in Upper Bidwell Park May Reopen to Vehicles
- Firefighters Respond to Vegetation Fire in Upper Bidwell Park
- Parts of Upper Bidwell Park to reopen after Stoney Fire
- Upper Bidwell Slowly Reopens After Stoney Fire
- Upper Bidwell Park Not in Flames by Camp Fire: Chico Park Ranger
- Changes for Bidwell Park Barbecuers