The highway that runs through Lassen Volcanic National Park is already closed for the winter because of heavy snow.
Highway 89 just opened at the end of July because it took four months to plow last season's snow.
The highway is closed seasonally from the south boundary all the way up to the junction of Highway 44, near Shingletown, and from Loomis Plaza to the visitor center.
- Highway closed at Lassen Volcanic National park
- Lassen Volcanic National Park turns 103
- Services Affected by Government Shutdown at Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Snowy butterfly migration can be seen at Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Lassen National Park closes trail due to bear activity
- Entrance to Lassen National Park is free
- Lassen National Forest needs their radios back
- Vegetation Fire Burns in Lassen National Forest
- Lassen National Forest Eagle Lake Ranger District temporarily closed for fuelwood cutting
- Lassen Lodge Safety Realignment Project is completed