If Highway 70 is part of your commute, be aware, Caltrans has completed a new section of the highway on the west side as part of its widening project between Palermo and Ophir roads.
Drivers will be diverted to the new section starting Saturday, Sept. 14. This will allow Caltrans crews to get to work repaving existing lanes. Because of the detour, drivers will not be able to turn east onto Ophir until Tuesday, Sept. 24.
By the end of the fall, the one-mile section from Ophir to Palermo will be 5 lanes.
Caltrans will work to widen the highway from Palermo to Cox Lane next summer.
- Highway 70 widening progress
- UPDATE: Forward Progress Stopped on Fire on Highway 70 in Butte County
- Marysville residents react to Highway 70 plans
- UPDATE: Funding Approved for Highway 70 Construction
- Highway 70 Intermittent Closures Through October
- CHP: Fatal Accident Off Highway 70
- Motorcyclist Killed in Highway 70 Collision
- More safety improvements to Highway 70
- Parts of Highway 70 closed for roadwork
- Suspects identified in deadly Highway 70 shooting