Photo Gallery 1 Images
BUTTE AND PLUMAS COUNTY, Calif.—Travelers driving on Highway 70 in the Feather River Canyon should be aware of intermittent highway closures.
The Poe Dam hydroelectric generating facility is located on the Feather River.
PG&E operates the facility and will be doing work on it through October.
PG&E is having Caltrans close Highway 70 a few times a day so that they can move equipment from the highway to the hydro-facility.
The hydroelectric facility is near the community of Pulga.
PG&E says the closures should be a minor inconvenience only lasting ten minutes at a time.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Highway 70 Intermittent Closures Through October
- Highway 70 widening progress
- Highway 70 reopened following closure prompted by mudslides
- Tahoe Highway 28 Overnight Closures
- Marysville residents react to Highway 70 plans
- UPDATE: Funding Approved for Highway 70 Construction
- CHP: Fatal Accident Off Highway 70
- Motorcyclist Killed in Highway 70 Collision
- More safety improvements to Highway 70
- Parts of Highway 70 closed for roadwork