UPDATE 11:38 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 28, 2019 - Highway 45 has reopened in Glenn County, according to Caltrans District 2.
GLENN COUNTY, Calif. - Highway 45 in Glenn County is closed between Country Roads 24 and 29, south of Hamilton City.
Caltrans is doing emergency work on the J Levee, which protects the city from the waters of the Sacramento River.
The Glenn County Sheriff's Office says that water is rising.
Crews spent Wednesday laying down sandbags and tarps.
"I've been keeping an eye on the roads that are closed cause it affects how we get around Chico, trying to be safe and make sure people aren't going where they shouldn't," said Tim Hanson, a resident in the area.
The sheriff's office says as long as the J Levee is stable there is no danger.
- Highway 45 reopens in Glenn County
- Glenn County Election Results
- Glenn County Road Closures
- Glenn County Fair Preps
- Highway Reopens at Big Sur
- Highway 99 Reopens After Flooding
- Road closures in Glenn County
- Highway 99 reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fatal Crash Victim in Glenn County Identified
- Glenn County Sheriff Arrests Drug Felon