CHICO, Calif. - High winds split a large tree, which fell across a telephone line and landed across the bed of a pick-up truck.
It happened just after midnight Thursday at the corner of North Avenue and Manzanita Avenue, near the Lindo Channel at Highway 99. The tree blocked North Avenue for several hours and tore down the telephone lines. The road is now mostly cleared, although there is still some debris. No one was injured and the truck did not suffer major damage.
Winds have died down over the past couple of days, but they were still strong enough the split part of the large tree. Heavy rain over the last several weeks has saturated the ground.
Crews worked to cut the tree throughout the night, and the scene is now clear.
- High wind topples tree onto truck
- Strong winds cause toppling trees throughout the North State
- Vandals topple Prunedale beehives, kill 200,000 bees
- High Fire Danger and Strong Winds
- High winds force rescues on Whiskeytown Lake
- Contractors clear damaged trees for Paradise High School graduation
- Christmas Tree Disposal
- PG&E tree removal concerns
- Dollar Tree Reopens in Paradise