Photo Gallery 3 Images
CHICO, Calif. - Police responded to a call approximately at 1:19 p.m. that led to a high-speed chase with the Chico police for 6 miles. The chase started at Chico Mall on E 20th Street.
It was reported that a man had approached the reporting party saying his girlfriend was just kidnapped by a person driving a stolen white Toyota. The reporting party said that 43-year-old Nathan Lowe of Chico was driving a maroon pickup truck and had left the scene.
20 minutes later, Chico Police received a call of an accident with unknown injuries in the area of Highway 32 and Bruce Road. Officers said the driver of the pick-up truck intentionally rammed a woman's vehicle. The victim did not suffer serious injuries.
Officers located Lowe driving in the area of Highway 32 and Forest Ave. However, Lowe failed to stop and led Chico police on an approximately 6-mile pursuit through the city streets. Chico police decided to do a pit maneuver to make the car stop.
During the pursuit, Little Chico Creek Elementary, Hank Marsh Junior High, and Parkview Elementary School were placed on a precautionary lockdown.
The police chase ended on Forest Ave. in Chico.
Lowe’s vehicle was immobilized, and he was taken into custody without incident. He was taken to Enloe Hospital for medical clearance and while at the hospital he tried to escape.
Lowe was cleared from Enloe Hospital and booked into the Butte County Jail for violation of Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Felony Reckless Evading in a Vehicle and Resisting Arrest.
- High speed chase with Chico police leads to suspect in custody
- High Speed Chase Leads to Drug Arrest
- Chico Police: Early morning high-speed chase through Chico
- Police Pursue High-Speed Chase on I-5
- Police searching for suspects in high speed chase
- Vehicle Burglary Suspects Flee Police in High-Speed Car Chase
- Redding man leads CHP on high speed chase
- High Speed Chase Leads to Crash with Injuries
- Driver leads officers on high-speed chase in Colusa County
- Early morning high speed chase leads to 2 arrests in Chico