CHICO, Calif. - First responders took over the campus at Pleasant Valley High School in Chico on Monday and held a full-scale drill.
More than 100 people from the Chico Police Department, Fire & Rescue, Enloe Medical Center, EMS and Chico Unified tested emergency response techniques and communication in the school setting.
Administrators from the Chico Unified School District were on campus too, to watch and learn. The district superintendent said the Camp Fire reinforced the importance of developing strong partnerships and good communication with responders.
A similar drill will take place at Chico High School on August 1, 2019.
- Safety drill held at PV High in Chico
- Active Shooter Drill to be Held Sunday at Chico Mall
- CHICO HIGH AND P.V. HIGH GRADUATION CEREMONIES TONIGHT
- Multicasualty Drill Held to Prepare Students
- Officers gathered at Chico High School for active-shooter drill
- Chico State holds large-scale emergency drill
- Forest Ranch Evacuation Drill to be Held Saturday
- Cohasset Evacuation Drill
- Chico police: Burglary suspect arrested after stealing car, crashing near PV High