Hot, dry, and breezy conditions will continue to result in high fire danger across many areas of Northern California today, and the Red Flag Warning will stay in place across the valley, foothills, and portions of the Sierra through 11pm Saturday night. A Fire Weather Watch will also be in place for the Sierra from Saturday morning through Saturday evening. Air quality will continue to be in unhealthy ranges over Northern California, but breezy South winds could help to improve conditions over the next few days. Temperatures are starting out in the 60's to low 70's in the valley this morning, and mountain areas have dipped into the low to mid 50's overnight. Winds are projected to be out of the South to around 10mph this afternoon, but locally gusty conditions could develop later today. Gusts to 20mph will be possible this afternoon. Humidity will likely fall into the 15 to 30 percent range in the valley today. Temperatures are projected to top out in the 97 to 101 degree range in the valley, while mountain areas mostly end up in the mid 90's this afternoon.
Temperatures will become slightly cooler over the weekend. Valley areas will top out in the mid to high 90's on Saturday and Sunday, while mountain areas climb into the 80's to lower 90's. Smoke is expected to continue to impact air quality, which may put a damper on outdoor activities. We will be staying dry through the weekend. More cooling is expected from the start to middle of next week. We are currently expecting valley areas to top out in the low to mid 90's by Wednesday. Some more warming will be possible towards the end of next week, and models are hinting at a slight chance for showers and thunderstorms returning towards the end of next week.
- High fire danger & unhealthy air quality are ahead for today
- Unhealthy air quality & high fire danger ahead for Northern California
- Unhealthy air quality & hotter temperatures ahead
- Elevated fire danger and unhealthy air quality are ahead for your Wednesday
- Mostly moderate air quality & mild heat today
- Welcome changes are ahead, but fire danger remains high today
- Air Quality Update
- Redding 'Small Town Big Sound' Show Canceled Due to Unhealthy Air Quality
- Rising temperatures & poor air quality are ahead for your Monday
- Unhealthy Air Warnings in Place for Tehama County