REDDING, Calif.—A man is behind bars after police say he tried to run officers over before leading them on a wild high speed chase through the streets of Redding.
Thursday morning police were at the 7-Eleven on Eureka Way when they spotted 31 year old Joseph Pearson.
Police say they knew he was on probation from a previous arrest.
When police approached his car they say Pearson sped away nearly hitting an officer.
Officers began to chase Pearson.
They say Pearson ran stop signs forcing a car to swerve into oncoming traffic.
Officers say he threw bags of cocaine and heroin out of the window before eventually pulling over and surrendering.
No one was injured in the incident.
Pearson was booked for assault with a deadly weapon, resisting arrest, evading police, and drug charges.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- High Speed Chase Leads to Drug Arrest
- High Speed Chase Leads to Crash with Injuries
- Driver leads officers on high-speed chase in Colusa County
- Dangerous high speed chase caught on camera
- Police Pursue High-Speed Chase on I-5
- Paradise home invasion suspect arrested after high speed chase
- Red Bluff Man Arrested For High Speed Chase & DUI
- Suspects arrested in burglary, high-speed chase in Tehama County
- Early morning high speed chase leads to 2 arrests in Chico
- Police searching for suspects in high speed chase