High Fire Danger returns for our midweek forecast. Red Flag Warnings are back in effect and have been issued through Thursday evening. I wouldn't be surprised if the Fire Danger warnings get extended through the end of the week. Winds have shifted back out of the North, Northwest and will get a bit breezy towards the afternoon. Sustained winds will be between 10-25mph with stronger gusts closer to 30-35mph. The winds bring in some cooler air along with them which will take temps down from the 80s we saw yesterday. Today the Valley will reach highs in the mid 70s with 50s and 60s for Mountains/Foothills.
The winds stick around through the end of the work week and the start of the weekend. Winds will stick with their Northerly flow and will remain breezy through Saturday. The rest of the work week will see temperatures still falling a bit, but only a few degrees. Valley highs bottom out around 70° by Thursday and Friday. Higher elevations will see the larger drop with most of the Sierra falling into the 50s.
The weekend does offer up some warmer weather as the winds start to die down. Sunday temps will flirt with the lower 80s in the Valley with Mountains returning to mostly 60s. The start of next week should hold onto some of the warmer weather, but temps will start to fall again through the coming week. Long-range models still have some moisture heading our way towards next Thursday and Friday (Oct 19th and 20th) but right now looks fairly light, with not much accumulation.
- High Fire Danger and Strong Winds
- Scattered showers & strong winds ahead for today
- Paradise Strong, Love Strong
- Gusty North winds will prompt high fire danger for your Friday
- Stronger winds will increase fire danger late this week
- A winter storm in Hawaii has produced strong winds, high surf, and yes, even snow
- Cal Fire: Controlled Burn Postponed Due to High Fire Danger
- Heavy showers & strong winds ahead for your Wednesday
- Strong winds & much cooler temperatures ahead for your Thursday
- San Francisco tilting high-rise cited for fire safety danger