Mostly dry weather is ahead for today, but fog is going to be an issue for commuters this morning. Visibility has already dipped down to a mile in some areas early today. You'll need a more substantial jacket in the valley this morning, as temperatures are ranging around 5 or more degrees cooler than yesterday morning. Valley areas are starting out in the mid 30s to low 40's, and mountain areas have dipped into the low 20's to low 30's overnight. Winds are expected to be light today, and that could help fog linger into the middle of the day. High temperatures will end up in the mid to high 50's in the valley, and in the mid to high 40's in the mountains. Clouds will increase this afternoon into tonight, and showers will arrive along the coast late tonight.
The potential for showers will return to the coast late tonight, and are expected to spread into the Northern end of the valley just in time for the morning commute. Showers will then spread across all of Northern California through the day on Wednesday. Snow levels are projected to start out at around 6000' but could dip to around 4000' by the end of Wednesday. Temperatures will be slightly cooler than today, and gusty South winds will develop. Sustained winds to 15mph out of the South, with gusts to 40mph are possible. 60mph gusts will be possible in the Sierra. Strong winds could result in power outages this week. Showers will continue on Thursday, and snow levels will continue to dip. Snow could fall as low as 2000', which would be the lowest we've seen this year. Snow will be possible in the foothills.
Most of the showers will taper off by Friday, but some Northern showers will be possible through Saturday. The best chance for showers after Thursday will be from Red Bluff to the North. Temperatures will warm this weekend, and are expected to end up in the mid 50's to low 60's. Another wet system looks likely towards the start of next week.
- Heavy showers and gusty winds ahead for Northern California
- Heavy showers & gusty South winds ahead for your Wednesday
- Heavy showers & gusty winds ahead for your Thursday
- Heavy rain ahead for Northern California
- Heavy rain & snow ahead for Northern California
- Scattered showers & gusty South winds ahead for your Thursday
- More showers ahead for Northern California
- More heavy rain & lower snow ahead for Northern California
- Heavy showers & strong winds ahead for your Wednesday
- Icy roads and gusty winds ahead for your Friday