Get ready for heavy showers, and strong winds ahead for your Wednesday. Showers have returned overnight, and are intensifying this morning. The heaviest precipitation is expected early today through around 2pm in the valley, with showers continuing to strengthen in the Sierra this evening. Snow levels will be down to around 5000 feet today, and could dip to 4000 feet on Thursday. Winds will be up to 25mph out of the South in the valley, with possible gusts upwards of 30mph. The Sierra will have West winds gusting to upwards of 40mph today. Temperatures are starting out in the high 40's to low 50's in the valley, and in the 30's to low 40's in the mountains. High temperatures are only projected to climb into the mid to high 50's for valley areas, and into the mid to high 40's in the mountains.
Showers will stay strong in the Sierra, Butte County Foothills, and some Eastern portions of the valley tonight, but should start to wind down for Thursday. Scattered showers will linger across the region on Thursday, and will taper off by Thursday evening. Dry weather with sunny skies will return for your Friday and Saturday. Temperatures will stay in the same range as today through the weekend.
More showers arrive across the region on Sunday, and will continue through the start of next week.
- Heavy showers & strong winds ahead for your Wednesday
- Scattered showers & strong winds ahead for today
- Heavy showers & gusty South winds ahead for your Wednesday
- Heavy showers and gusty winds ahead for Northern California
- Heavy showers & gusty winds ahead for your Thursday
- Strong winds & much cooler temperatures ahead for your Thursday
- Rain & snow showers ahead for your Wednesday
- Scattered showers ahead for your Wednesday
- Scattered showers & gusty South winds ahead for your Thursday
- Heavy rain and snow ahead for your Wednesday