Get ready for very wet and windy conditions on the way in your Wednesday forecast. Rain and snow will spread across the entire region today, and gusty South winds are expected to return. Snow levels will range from 4000' down to 2000' through the day, and showers will become much heavier towards your afternoon into the evening. Sustained winds will be between 10 to 25mph out of the South today, with gusts to 35mph in the valley. Gusts upwards of 40mph will be possible in the mountains. Temperatures are starting out in the mid 40's for the valley, and in the 20's to 30's in most mountains areas. High temperatures are only projected to climb into the low to mid 50's in the valley, and in the high 30's to mid 40's in the mountains.
Showers will become heavier into this evening, and some areas could see up to 2 inches of snow an hour in higher elevations. The heavy snow will result in major mountain travel impacts through the rest of the week. Some higher elevations could see up to 2 feet of snow through this weekend. Another wave of showers will move through the region on Thursday, and could potentially produce snow down to as low as 1,500'. There will also be a chance for thunderstorms in the valley on Thursday afternoon. The heaviest precipitation will be in the mountains, with scattered showers likely in the valley.
Most areas will start to dry out on Friday, with showers lingering in Northern zones of the state. By Friday night most areas will be dry. Warmer temperatures and mostly dry weather is ahead for your weekend. Valley areas will be in the mid to high 50's on Saturday, and will then top out in the low to mid 60's on Sunday. The dry and warmer weather is expected to linger into the start of next week.
- Heavy showers & gusty South winds ahead for your Wednesday
- Heavy showers and gusty winds ahead for Northern California
- Heavy showers & gusty winds ahead for your Thursday
- Scattered showers & gusty South winds ahead for your Thursday
- Heavy showers & strong winds ahead for your Wednesday
- Icy roads and gusty winds ahead for your Friday
- Scattered showers & strong winds ahead for today
- Rain & snow showers ahead for your Wednesday
- Scattered showers ahead for your Wednesday
- Heavy rain and snow ahead for your Wednesday