Sunday saw some cooler temperatures and cloudier skies ahead of a big storm system set to impact the entire state as we begin the work week forecast. Two storms in the Pacific will be coming together and look like they'll give California a good 1-2 punch! The first storm is working its way up from the western coast of Mexico, while the second is coming in from the Gulf of Alaska. Expect some heavy rain pretty much all day Monday, while Tuesday should see lighter but still moderate rain.
The first storm coming in from the South is more of a warm air storm, and since a warmer airmass can carry more moisture, we should see the majority of our rain totals to come on Monday. The second storm coming in from the Northwest and will provide a push of cooler air late Monday evening and into early Tuesday which is when we should start to see more snow developing across the Mountains. Valley looks to get some good rain throughout the next 48-72 hours. Most locations should see about 0.75-1.00" Monday, and likely adding another 0.50-0.75" through Tuesday. I think Paradise and Magalia areas get closer to 3.50" from Monday and Tuesday.
Mountains will see more of the snow developing late Monday and very early Tuesday. Winter Weather Advisory will go into effect 4AM Tuesday and last until 10PM Tuesday. Heavy, wet snow and poor visibility can be expected as more of the snow starts to add up. Sierra pass levels should see around 3-6" with higher amounts of 1-2' for Lassen Peak.
A few showers might stick around early Wednesday, but we will start to dry out. After a couple days of wet weather, we've got more of the sunshine and unseasonably warm temperatures making a quick comeback. High temps go from 50s on Monday-Tuesday to the 60s by Friday-Saturday.
- Heavy rain hits California to start work week
- California expecting heavy rain
- Heavy rain ahead for Northern California
- Heavy rain & snow ahead for Northern California
- Heavy rain on tap for the start of your work week
- Another Round of Heavy Rain This Week
- Heavy Rain, Snow With Late Week Storm
- More heavy rain & lower snow ahead for Northern California
- Heavy rain is prompting a Flood Watch across Northern California
- Heavy Rain, Snow coming Monday