There's a decent chance of showers across Northern California Tuesday, but most of the wet weather will be limited to the mountains. Scattered showers will be possible across the valley, but they'll be light. Snow levels are mostly hovering around or just above 5000'. There's a high chance of persistent showers in the Sierras this evening—they'll become more widespread tonight. Overnight, temperatures have dipped into the high 40's to low 50's in the valley and are starting out in the 20's to 30's in the mountains this morning. Winds are expected to be 10mph out of the South with gusts up to 20mph this afternoon. High temperatures are projected to climb into the low 60's in the valley and into the 40's and 50's in the mountains this afternoon. A Winter Storm Warning will go into effect for the Sierras at 11 p.m. tonight and is set to stay in place through 5 a.m. Thursday morning.
Rain and snow showers will become more widespread tonight and heavier on Wednesday. Snow levels will dip to around 4000', and there's a decent chance of thunderstorms in the valley Wednesday afternoon. Temperatures will dip into the mid to high 50's in the valley Wednesday. Showers will become scattered Wednesday night into Thursday, but the active weather will linger into Thursday's forecast. Snow levels will dip to around 3500', and valley areas will have the potential for more thunderstorms. Showers will stop by Thursday evening and dry out for the end of the week. Skies will clear and temperatures will warm into the mid 60's in the valley Friday. The warming trend will continue into the weekend, ending in the low 70's. The current outlook is keeping our area mostly dry Sunday, bringing the chance of showers back into Northern California Sunday night. Make sure you take advantage of the weekend.
- Heavy rain & snow ahead for Northern California
- Heavy rain ahead for Northern California
- More heavy rain & lower snow ahead for Northern California
- More rain, snow, & travel impacts ahead for Northern California
- Rain & snow return to Northern California today
- California expecting heavy rain
- Heavy showers and gusty winds ahead for Northern California
- Heavy rain is prompting a Flood Watch across Northern California
- Heavy Rain, Snow coming Monday
- Heavy Rain, Snow for Tuesday