CHICO, Calif. - There was heavy police activity on Magnolia Avenue in Chico on Monday.
Authorities told Action News Now that officers were dispatched to a home on Magnolia Avenue between W. 7th and W. 8th Avenues for a probation search. They were searching for a suspect possibly connected to a carjacking that happened in the area Sunday night.
Lieutenant Billy Aldridge said that one resident jumped the fence and tried to run away.
Officers connected the home to previous weapon- and drug-related incidents, Aldridge said. Others in the home also tried to flee but officers surrounded the area.
Police arrested one man on charges of resisting arrest.
Authorities have not identified a suspect involved in the carjacking.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for updates.
- Police swarm residence on Magnolia Avenue searching for carjacking suspect
- Chico man stabbed and robbed near Magnolia, 8th Avenues
- City of Redding purchases Magnolia Park
- Virginia Man ID’d as Attempted Carjacking Suspect in Redding
- Police swarm home in south Oroville, body identified
- Local community swarmed by law enforcement
- City of Redding completes purchase of Magnolia Park
- Nord Avenue stabbing suspect to enter plea
- Redding Police search for armed robbery suspect
- Redding Police Searching for Shooting Suspect