It was a winter wonderland up in Mount Shasta today which is very good news for the local economy. Heavy snowfall in Mount Shasta today is paving the way for the opening of the Mount Shasta ski park. This is good news for the surrounding towns bring tourism back to the towns in the area.
The roads were very wet and slippery. Chain advisories are in place for these areas so heed the warnings of emergency officials. If you are headed to this area check to make sure that roads are open and if snow chains are needed. Cal Tran provides a quick map to see where conditions are worst and what is required for the trip.
But all this snow is a good sign for local area business and the Mount Shasta ski park. The ski park is gearing up for an opening this Friday after pushing back their opening for this winter storm. Michael smith said today that “the park has a large impact on the local economy especially Siskiyou County... but all these local towns fill up and once the ski park opens.”
Another local business also spoke on the importance of the winter season for the draw to the town. Louis Rodriguez of Burger Bench said “of course there is the ski park but if you can't make it there... there are a lot of hills you can sled around. Of source with the snow people want to see it and person... and that of course brings business to small businesses”
This Friday should be a beautiful day to head up to the area and not only check out the local towns but also hit the slopes.
- Heavy Snow Fall is Good News for Mt. Shasta
- Heavy snow fall in parts of Oregon
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park Helps Local Economy
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park now open
- Mt, Shasta Ski Park Opens Slopes
- Skiiers hit the slopes of Mt. Shasta
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park open for business
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park closed until Friday
- New plans for Redding's Mt. Shasta Mall don't include Sears
- Heavy Rain, Snow coming Monday