Heavier bands of showers are starting to work their way into the Valley here around 6am Tuesday. Most of the heavy rain is coming in with a cold front, which will kick up the winds and transition the rain into more snow. The heaviest rain looks like it will fall between now and the Noon hour, but steady rain will stick around for our commute home from work and into the overnight.
Winter Storm Warnings go into effect Tuesday afternoon and continue through Wednesday evening. Areas above 4000' can expect up to a 1' of snow piling up during that time. Travel in the mountains will be difficult, if not impossible as the winds start to blow more of the snow around. From Tuesday morning through Wednesday morning, the entire region should pick up about 1.50-2.00" of precip.
Showers stick around into Wednesday, but should be much calmer than Tuesday's storm. We do it all again on Thursday, Friday and Saturday as Storm#2 pushes into the coast. This one looking just as powerful as the first storm, so we'll keep those umbrellas handy and give our car's windshield wipers a good workout.
A good amount of wet weather coming back this week and we have been in desperate need of it!
- Heavy Rain, Snow for Tuesday
- Heavy Rain, Snow coming Monday
- Heavy Rain, Snow With Late Week Storm
- Heavy rain & snow ahead for Northern California
- California expecting heavy rain
- Heavy rain and snow on the way this week
- Heavy rain and lower snow ahead for your Monday
- Heavy rain and snow showers return this week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Heavy rain and snow return this weekend
- More heavy rain & lower snow ahead for Northern California