PARADISE, Calif. - A new healing program for students and teachers after the Camp Fire is now launched throughout Paradise Unified School District.
Mindful Littles is teaching students how to deal with anxiety, stress and fear. Lauryn Gregorio said the program is important for children to learn at a young age how to cope with whatever life throws at them.
Gregorio, who works with the program, plans to visit elementary schools once a week to help give students the tools to understand that life is not easy.
"I was really moved by her and she was sharing with such vulnerability and courage so together as a class we modeled when we feel sad, we put our hands on our heart, we can take deep breaths. As a class we all took those deep breaths and sent love to the student," said Gregorio about one student who shared the story about losing a family friend.
The elementary schools in the area hope the effort will help show kids their school community is a place they can lean on for support.
A grant from the North Valley Community Foundation to the school district has funded the year-long program.
- Healing program for students and teachers of Paradise
- Celebration of Healing Arts
- Horses Healing Humans
- Paradise students raise money to buy gifts for teachers
- Paradise High School hosts summer programs for students, athletes
- Chocolate lovers support Paradise youth programs
- Chico State supports bilingual teachers and programs
- Paradise Schools Serving Free Meals to Students
- Paradise High School students prepare for graduation
- Paradise High School gains exchange students