UPDATE 5:44 p.m. - The CHP is on the look out for the driver of a Nissan Ultima that caused an early morning head on collision in Cottonwood.
It happened just after 7:00 Tuesday morning on the Cottonwood Creek Bridge.
The driver, a 5' 2" woman with blonde hair, crossed over into the other lane, hitting another car. After the crash the suspect ran off to a nearby Chevron station, and may have tried to get into a car there.
The CHP believes that the hit-and-run suspect could be injured, and is searching at local hospitals.
The 60 year old driver of the other car sustained a fractured pelvis and ribs, and was transported to Mercy Medical.
UPDATE: 11:52 a.m.
The two vehicles that were involved in the crash were a grey Nissan sedan and a green Subaru Forester.
CHP has a description of the suspect, but they have not been able to locate them yet.
The California Highway Patrol is reporting a head-on, hit and run crash in Cottonwood in the area of Main Street and Bowman Road.
They say two cars hit head-on at around 7:04 a.m. Tuesday. One of the drivers then reportedly fled the scene. The injuries to the driver are unknown at this time.
The CHP says they are now searching for the hit and run suspect in the crash. The descriptions of the vehicles have not been released.
We are working to get more information. This is a developing story, check back for more details.
- UPDATE: CHP searching for hit and run suspect after head on crash in Cottonwood
- CHP: DUI hit-and-run driver arrested after head-on crash at Oro Bangor Hwy
- CHP looking for vehicle involved in deadly hit and run
- CHP Oroville investigating fatal hit-and-run, 1 man dead
- Cottonwood Residents Relieved After Arson Suspect Arrested
- Cottonwood Arson Suspect Makes First Court Appearance
- Gridley Police Searching for Suspect in Fatal Hit and Run
- Authorities Searching for Olivehurst Fatal Hit-and-Run Suspect
- Victim identified in Cottonwood DUI crash
- Cottonwood Teen Dies Following Deadly Crash