The Action News Now Weather Team will take part in a benefit basketball game on Saturday February 9th with the Harlem Wizards to help raise money for a new school playground at Wyandotte Academy in Oroville. The game takes place in the Lass Plumas High School Gym, starting at 7 p.m.
Art Dyce, President of the school's Parent/Teacher Association, says they are talented and funny and can easily be compared to the Harlem Globetrotters.
The Wizards were founded in 1962 by New York sports promoter Howie Davis, They travel the country and put on a show to help raise money for schools and nonprofits, Last season alone they played in more th an 400 communities ... raising more than $2 million.
Dyce says the money raised at the event is earmarked for a new playground. The equipment being used by students at the school is more than 50 years old.
Action News Now's Kris Kuyper and Cort Klopping will play in the game, along with Oroville Elementary School Teachers, the Wyandotte Principal, the School's Superintendent and local radio personalities.
Tickets are $11 for adults and $9 for students. They're being sold at all Oroville Elementary Schools and also through www.harlemwizards.com.
- Harlem Wizards Coming to Oroville
- Last of 'The Wizard of Oz' munchkins dies
- Stolen 'Wizard of Oz' Ruby Slippers Found during Sting Operation
- Ninja Coalition Obstacle Challenge Coming to Oroville
- Oroville Mayoral Candidate Reacts After Arrest Record Comes to Light
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival comes to Oroville on Saturday
- Foul odor in Oroville to be resolved in coming weeks
- Lightning strikes Oroville home
- Juneteenth Celebrations in Oroville
- Lake Oroville Spillway Update