Chico, Calif.-- If health and wellness is on your radar this weekend, Relay for Life is hosting a color run to benefit the American Cancer Society.
So, prepare to get covered in rainbow-colored corn starch, a silly and festive tradition for such an important cause.
The event celebrates last year's relay teams and honors cancer survivors.
"It's important because people are still dying of this, there are new ones popping up and we need to stop it, childhood cancer is huge, we've got to start saving the little ones and figuring out those answers," said Chris Mulqueeney, Relay's Cancer Survivor Chair.
The run starts at 10 a.m. at the United Healthcare parking lot - they're one of the sponsors - over at 2080 E. 20th Street in Chico.
Get there at 9:30 to register on-site.
After the color run, the area will be set up with carnival games, trick-or-treating and music.
If you're not on a team already, you can sign up for a $20 donation ($10 for children).
- Halloween Color Run for Relay for Life
- Annual 'Relay for Life' relay in Chico this weekend
- Colors of Cancer Color Run is Saturday in Chico
- Relay for Life Comes to Chico
- Butte County Relay for Life Hosting Two Cancer Survivor Receptions
- Halloween Safety Tips
- North State Halloween Costumes
- Halloween Hustle Costume Run is Sunday in Chico
- Cruisn' for a Cure is theme of Butte County Relay for Life
- Halloween events coming to the Chico Mall