Get ready for a windy day across Northern California. There aren't many changes on the way for your Friday forecast, but winds are picking up out of the North. A Wind Advisory will go into effect at 10am in the valley, and isn't set to expire until 6pm. Sustained winds could reach 35mph out of the North today, with gusts up to 50mph this afternoon. Winds will be the biggest issue for our region today. Temperatures are projected to be in the same range as yesterday. Valley areas are starting out in the 50's to low 60's this morning, and mountain areas are starting out in the 30's to 40's early today. A few clouds could return to the Sierra this afternoon, but will more than likely hold off until this evening. There will also be a chance for scattered showers, and a slight chance for thunderstorms in the Sierra tonight. High temperatures will end up in the mid 80's for the valley today, and mountain areas will top out in the 60's to low 70's this afternoon. Winds are expected to stay strong through this evening, but will weaken by Saturday morning.
Temperatures are not expected to change much or at all through your weekend. Low temperatures will end up in the mid 50's in the valley, and high temperatures will end up in the mid 80's for the next few afternoons. Gusts of up to 25mph out of the North will still be possible tomorrow, but lighter South winds will return for Sunday. Showers will continue to be possible over the Sierra for the afternoon and evening hours through Tuesday, but will more than likely wrap up on Monday. Sunday looks very pleasant for Mothers Day celebrations. Looks like it will be perfect weather if you're planning on brunch, a picnic, or a barbeque.
More clouds will settle into our region towards the start of next week, but temperatures will remain the same through Tuesday. A very modest cooling trend will return on Wednesday, and will likely continue through the end of next week. High temperatures will be topping out in the mid to high 70's in the valley on Thursday, and could be cooler than that on Friday. There will also be a chance for showers returning to Northern California towards the end of next week.
- Gusty North winds will prompt high fire danger for your Friday
- High Fire Danger and Strong Winds
- Icy roads and gusty winds ahead for your Friday
- High Fire Danger Prompts a Red Flag Warning
- Heavy showers and gusty winds ahead for Northern California
- Heavy showers & gusty South winds ahead for your Wednesday
- Scattered showers & gusty South winds ahead for your Thursday
- Heavy showers & gusty winds ahead for your Thursday
- Storm Tracker Forecast: High Fire Danger prompts a Red Flag Warning today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Strong winds will bring high fire danger this weekend