We begin Monday night with a guilty verdict in the trial of Gonzalo Curiel, the Salinas man accused of killing two children and torturing another.
Their bodies were found in a Redding storage unit in December of 2015.
The jury started deliberating Monday afternoon after hearing closing arguments an hour later they had their verdict.
Twenty-year old Gonzalo Curiel was found guilty of murdering 7-year old Shaun Tara and 3-year old Delylah Tara and guilty of torturing their 9-year old sister.
The surviving Tara family member, identified only as Jane Doe, testified that the siblings were tortured in a small bathroom.
After being locked in the bathroom for long periods of time, Doe said she and her siblings would be stripped naked, sprayed with cold water and beaten with a shower head.
Doe told the story of seeing her brother and sister for the last time on Thanksgiving Day 2015.
After being let out of the bathroom she saw Shaun and Delylah laying motionless on the floor and later that night the two were taken by Curiel.
Weeks later their bodies were found 300-miles away inside a storage unit in Redding.
Somers says, "The investigation was so stellar. As a prosecutor you cant ask for anymore than we got. In fact, at some point I just told them stop, we have enough. When it's done right in the first place, it's easy to put on this type of case."
Curiel's former girlfriend, Tami Huntsman, had earlier pleaded guilty on all counts to avoid the death penalty and going on trial.
She is supposed to be sentenced this Wednesday to life in prison without the possibility of an appeal or release on parole.
Curiel will receive his sentence next Monday.
- Gonzalo Curiel Guilty of Murdering 2 Children in Salinas, Hiding Bodies in Redding
- Child Killer Gonzalo Curiel Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Red Bluff PD K9 receives body armor
- Judge Denies Guilty Plea in Murder Trial
- Jury Finds Valcarenghi Guilty in Murder Case
- Redding SWAT Team Apprehends Redding Man Wanted for Attempted Murder
- Redding woman arrested for attempted murder
- Redding Police Searching for Attempted Murder Suspect
- Red Bluff Police Investigate Possible Murder-Suicide
- Redding Man Sentenced for Attempted Murder, Kidnapping