CHICO, Calif. - A groundbreaking ceremony was held on Monday for the newest office building in Meriam Park for Penny & Associates.
The law firm is set to move into the new, two-story building by the middle of next year.
Project Developer Dan Gonzales acknowledged Penny & Associates owner Fred Penney in his remarks, saying that it's just the beginning of several more buildings to be constructed.
"Fred is one of the earlier believers at Meriam Park," Gonzales said. "Probably almost 12 months ago, so today is a really big day. This is one of several buildings that are here right now and there are more that are coming down the pipe."
A representative for North State Congressman Doug LaMalfa presented a certificate of congressional recognition to Penney for his contributions to the developments and the Chico Community.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony Held for Newest Meriam Park Office Building
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for New Shasta County Courthouse
- Welcome our newest addition, Julia Yarbough
- Peace Officers Memorial Ceremony in Chico
- Yuba City Peace Officer Memorial Ceremony
- Chico Police Holding Ceremony for Fallen Officers
- Officers Hold Ceremony to Honor Fallen Officers of 2018
- Star Wars fans react to the newest film release
- Chico State graduation ceremonies to affect traffic and parking