SHASTA COUNTY, Calif.-
A man in Shasta County has been sentenced to eight years in prison for stealing food and alcohol from a grocery store, then assaulting the owner of the business, among other charges.
A jury found Neilson guilty of assaulting the owner of the Grocery Outlet in Anderson after the owner tried to stop Neilson from stealing food and alcohol. An Anderson Police Officer saw Neilson on top of the owner, apparently punching him. Additionally, Neilson pled guilty to possession of marijuana in jail. Neilson had a prior strike conviction which increased his sentence.
Friday, Superior Court Judge Stephen Baker sentenced Raymond Allen Neilson to prison for a term of eight years.
- Grocery Store Robber Sentenced to Eight Years in Prison
- Recent Wildfires Impacting Grocery Stores
- Yuba County man sentenced to 2 years in prison
- 3 prison officers sentenced to 15 years in inmate's death
- Ex-Navy SEAL sentenced to 27 years in prison
- Chico Man Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison
- Suge Knight Sentenced to 28 Years in Prison
- Armed Robbers Get 12 Years for Botched $100 Reno Holdup
- The future of grocery shopping
- Jersey Shore's Mike Sorrentino Begins Prison Sentence