UPDATE 4:27 p.m. Wednesday, June 5, 2019 - Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey has released new details regarding an officer-involved shooting in Gridley on Tuesday.
Ramsey said the Gridley police officer who shot at 19-year-old Marco Anthony Garcia-Padilla said Garcia attempted to run him over.
The police officer involved was officer Anthony Lara.
Ramsey said they are still investigating the case.
Garcia is still in the hospital and doctors have not decided if they will remove the bullet from Garcia's shoulder.
Stay with Action News Now for the latest updates as they become available.
GRIDLEY, Calif. - The Gridley-Biggs Police Department released new details about an officer-involved shooting Tuesday morning.
Around 4:45 a.m. on June 4, an officer with the department attempted to make a traffic stop on Highway 99, south of Ford Avenue.
The suspect in the car failed to yield and fled the scene, according to authorities. He then crashed the car on Sycamore Street, where he was met by officers.
The Gridley-Biggs Police Department said that shots were fired. They said that the suspect then fled the scene.
Officers located the vehicle a short time later and found the suspect hiding in a nearby home. He was arrested.
He suffered a single gunshot wound to the shoulder and is being treated at a local hospital.
Photos courtesy of Mel Contant.
- Authorities release new details regarding officer-involved shooting in Gridley
- Authorities investigating officer-involved shooting in Gridley
- Royal Wedding details released
- Authorities identify man killed in Redding officer-involved shooting
- Officer Involved Shooting in Marysville
- New details released in deadly police shooting in Anderson
- Man Identified in Deadly Officer Involved Shooting
- Victim Identified in Redding Officer-Involved Shooting
- Marysville Police Investigating Officer-Involved Shooting
- Suspect identified in Anderson officer-involved shooting