Photo Gallery 3 Images
GRIDLEY, Calif. - California Highway Patrol arrested a Gridley man a little before 5:00 a.m. on Saturday for his suspected involvement in several vehicle theft cases. He was discovered by a CHP officer who was patrolling in Gridley in the area of Cowee Ave. and E. Evans Reimer Rd. where he discovered an occupied stolen vehicle.
The driver left the vehicle in the middle of the road and fled on foot.
A perimeter was established by law enforcement, including the CHP, the Gridley-Biggs Police Department and the Butte County Sheriff's Office.
It was K9 officer Jari from Sutter County who finally located the suspect lying in an alfalfa field just south of Evans Riemer Rd.
The suspect was captured and identified. 20-year-old Jose Garcia was also identified as a suspect in several other vehicle theft cases.
See the photo below for a “Clark” steering column that arresting officers found in the stolen truck. If you are missing this item or know anyone who had one stolen, you are asked to contact the Oroville CHP Office at (530) 538-2700 on a weekday. On weekends you are asked to make the report to the CHP dispatch at (530) 332-1200.
- Gridley man arrested for vehicle thefts
- Gridley man sentenced to 5 years, theft and violence
- Cold case sex assault arrest involving Gridley man
- Gridley man arrested after stolen car catches fire
- Gridley Police Chief Resigns
- CHP: Fatal Accident South of Gridley, Vehicle in Ditch
- Chico Police Arrest Man for Auto-Theft
- Chico Man Arrested for Theft and Drugs
- Gridley man saved woman from burning car
- UPDATE: Gridley's 2 Competing Newspapers