Photo Gallery 5 Images
GRIDLEY, Calif. -A faulty heat lamp in a backyard chicken coop was the cause of the Bond Fire that caused extensive damage to a Gridley home early Saturday morning.
At 6:12 a.m. a fire was reported in the 1500 block of Bond Ln. in Gridley.
The CAL FIRE Butte Unit responded to the fully involved home with five engines and two water tenders. 17 personnel got to work trying to contain the fire quickly, but extensive damage did occur.
The Incident Commander of the incident determined that the cause of the Bond Fire was a faulty heat lamp in a backyard chicken coop.
Crews are currently finishing "overhaul" and salvage operations. According to Public Information Officer Rick Carhart, the term "overhaul" means the crews are cleaning up the area. Carhart said the term "mop up" is used to describe the post-fire cleanup on a vegetation or wildland fire, but "overhaul" is used when a structure is involved.
- Gridley house fire started in chicken coop
- Gridley home damaged in fire
- Fire crews extinguish 2 Gridley structure fires
- Family safe after two-story house fire in Gridley
- FEMA housing project underway in Gridley
- Gridley Police Chief Resigns
- Gridley FEMA trailer transition
- 1,300 Camp Fire survivors headed to Gridley
- UPDATE: Gridley's 2 Competing Newspapers
- Gridley hosts Red Suspenders Day