GRIDLEY, Calif. - A home in Gridley was damaged in an early morning fire on Sunday.
A home in Gridley was partially damaged on Laurel Street, somehow fire went from the back deck of the home to an overhang to the attic.
The homeowners woke up several times throughout the night to the smell of smoke, but they said they thought it was an agricultural burn, so they went back to sleep.
Then Sunday morning, the family woke up early to their home on fire. The family made it out safe but were worried about their dogs who were left inside, fire crews said.
They did the right thing according to firefighters by getting out of the house, and not going to try to get the dogs. Firefighters said they instead got out as quickly as they could, then called 911. Crews were able to get here within 4 minutes, and they got into the house and saved the two dogs.
Firefighters said always get out as quickly as possible and call 911.
The house is not liveable as of now, so the Red Cross has been called to help the couple who lives in the home.
- Gridley home damaged in fire
- Fire crews extinguish 2 Gridley structure fires
- Gridley Police Chief Resigns
- Gridley FEMA trailer transition
- Gridley house fire started in chicken coop
- 1,300 Camp Fire survivors headed to Gridley
- Chico House Fire Damages Two Homes, Boat
- UPDATE: Gridley's 2 Competing Newspapers
- Gridley hosts Red Suspenders Day
- CAL FIRE Responds to Ag Fire in Gridley