GRIDLEY, Calif. – Safeway in Gridley confirmed with Action News Now that an associate at its store has been diagnosed with coronavirus.
Safeway Director of Public and Government Affairs said the associate who tested positive has not worked since March 22.
As a precautionary measure, some additional members of the store team have gone home to self-quarantine at the direction of its Crisis Response Center.
RELATED: North State coronavirus cases
Safeway officials said the store in Gridley has been through multiple cycles of enhanced cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting.
The Safeway in Gridley remains open, and members said they will continue to follow an enhanced cleaning and disinfection process going forward.
Safeway Director of Public and Government Affairs said they have reminded all associates to follow the CDC guidelines on preventing the spread of coronavirus and to stay home when they are not feeling well.
For continuing coronavirus coverage, Click Here
- Gridley Safeway confirms employee has coronavirus
- Gridley Police Chief Resigns
- Gridley FEMA trailer transition
- Safeway donates $700,000 to Camp Fire relief funds
- UPDATE: Gridley's 2 Competing Newspapers
- Gridley hosts Red Suspenders Day
- Gridley home damaged in fire
- Humboldt County confirms second coronavirus case
- Sutter County confirms first coronavirus death
- Gridley VFW holds 74th Commander's Dinner