Gridley, CA. - The 55th Annual Gridley Red Suspenders Days take place on May 18th and 19th. The community celebration began in 1961to help raise money for the Gridley Volunteer Fire Department.
On Friday, May 18th community members nominate each other to be "jailed" at Rotary Park until they raise enough money to make bail. They'll be sentenced in the "Unjustice Court" , jailed and fed pizza and soft drinks.
The Guns 'n Hoses vs the Little League Coaches Softball Game takes place Friday evening starting at 6 p.m.
Saturday festivities start at 7 in the morning with a Pancake Breakfast. A Classic Car Show hosted by the Gridley Cruizers runs from 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. at Kentucky & Hazel Streets.
Vendors selling food, gifts and services have booths downtown, and you'll find games, rides, a bouncer house and pony rides along with live music in Daddow Park from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The celebration is famous for it's crazy bed races through downtown, at 10 a.m.
And the Red Suspender's Day Parade starts at eleven in downtown Gridley.
At 1 p.m. are the Firemen's Games and tests of strength and endurance between Gridley and Cal Fire's finest starting at 1 p.m. on the west side of Rotary Park.
The Pinewood Derby also takes place on Saturday, and there is a Tri Tip Dinner from 4 - 7 p.m.
For a complete list of times and locations visit the Gridley Chamber of Commerce website here.
- Gridley Red Suspenders Days Marks 55th Year
- Gridley Police Chief Resigns
- UPDATE: Gridley's 2 Competing Newspapers
- Nor Cal Jazz Festival Marks 5th Year
- Redding Police Arrest Suspect in New Year's Day Bridge Fire
- Gridley VFW holds 74th Commander's Dinner
- Owners Close Long Time Gridley Newspaper
- VIDEO: Gridley Farmer Harvests Rice Krispie Treats
- Recology Surprises Gridley Boy With Cancer
- Gridley Community Angry Over Police Chief Resignation