GRIDLEY, Calif. - A Gridley girl who was diagnosed with leukemia in 2016 is now cancer free!
And she’s celebrating life by participating in the Butte County Fair auction on Saturday.
Thirteen-year-old Gracie Gonzalez was recently told she was cancer free back in April.
And since then she has not let her diagnosis get her down.
She auctioned off her turkey in Gridley winning $1,300 on Saturday.
Gracie wanted to say a message to all the children who might be in the same situation.
“There’s a light at the end of the tunnel it all happens at some point um you just got to believe that you’re going to beat it and you will,” Gracie said.
Gracie also says when she heard the great news her entire family was thrilled.
And now she does not take life for granted anymore
- Gridley Girl Beats Cancer, Wins Big at Butte County Fair
- Recology Surprises Gridley Boy With Cancer
- Butte County to Host Job Fair Tuesday
- Paradise wins big at Butte Co. AcDec
- Gridley Police Chief Resigns
- Butte County Sheriff's Office Trunk or Treat Safety Fair
- Glenn County Fair Preps
- Butte County Relay for Life Hosting Two Cancer Survivor Receptions
- Butte County ICE raids
- Butte County Fire