OROVILLE, Calif. - Oroville Police will soon add a new K-9 officer to the force.
The department is sending out a big "Thank You" to the North Valley Community Foundation and the Butte Strong Fund.
That's where a $20,000 grant is coming from, to help pay for the cost of purchasing the dog, and initial training sessions.
The department already has two K9 officers, so this will be it's third.
- Oroville police receive grant to pay for new Oroville K-9 Officer
- Chico and Oroville Airports Receive Repair Grants
- Oroville Dam Receives Unsatisfactory Rating
- Oroville Man Receives Heart Transplant from Firefighter
- Oroville police capture murder suspect
- Oroville Police Seize Illegal Weapons
- Oroville Police investigating truck fire
- Pay cuts imminent for Oroville police and fire
- Lightning strikes Oroville home
- Juneteenth Celebrations in Oroville