The Chico Children's Endowment Fund, a program of the North Valley Community Foundation, has presented a check for $5,000 to the "Wings of Eagles" - Joseph Alvarez Foundation for Seriously Ill Children.
"Wings of Eagles" was established in June of 1993 by Georgia Alvarez in memory of her son Josephm who died of a rare form of leukemia. Since then, the non-profit organization has raised more than one million dollars to help hundreds of North State Children and their families as they deal with serious, life-threatening illnesses.
Alvarez says, "We always want people to know that money that is raised locally, stays local. It is exciting to get to help people, but it is really only possible because of the support of the community."
You can learn more about Wings of Eagles on their website, by clicking here.
The Chico Children’s Endowment Fund is dedicated to benefiting children in Chico and its surrounding areas. It presents grants year-round to organiztions that help children. Since 2016, more than $70,000 in grants have been awarded local organizations. We have a link where you can learn more here.
- Grant to Help Wings of Eagles Serve Seriously Ill Children
- Stocking Stuffer Drive for Wings of Eagles children
- Fundraiser check presented to Wings of Eagles
- Wingstock 2018 to Benefit Wings of Eagles
- Palomar Homes Partners with Make-A-Wish to grant wishes to local children battling critical illnesses
- Check Presented to "Wings of Passion" Foundation
- Helping People With Mental Illness
- Eaglets Hatch in Redding Eagles Nest
- Redding Eagles Have New Nest on Platform
- Scientists investigate hawk raised by Redding eagles