In Chico, a voting precinct inspector is trying to train the next generation of election volunteers.
Patti Goodwin-Denito has been working elections for more than a decade and this year she recruited her granddaughter to help with these June Primary Elections.
Goodwin-Denito says, "It gives me great joy to see her here and starting out." Goodwin-Denito says, "Getting a feel for being a grownup and getting involved in voting."
Patti Goodwin-Denito might just be training the next generation of election workers here in Chico and she's starting with her granddaughter, Aurora.
Patti developed an interest in Democracy after retiring and volunteering and today she's hoping some of that will rub off on Aurora.
"Hopefully I didn't pressure her." said Goodwin-Denito
"It was like that at first." said Johnson, "But I got used to it and it was fun, it's fun."
Aurora says working by her grandmother's side is always rewarding and she's learning a lot more than she thought.
Johnson says, "I love working with people and meeting a bunch of people." Johnson said, "Working with my grandma, she's an amazing person, and it is just an amazing experience all around."
Patti says she's hoping Aurora will develop a passion for the Democratic process.
Goodwin-Denito says, "Like Sandy over here, she started out when she was 18, just like Aurora is doing, because her mom suggested that she might be interested so she's been doing it for 40 years."
- Grandmother, Granddaughter Work Voter Center Together
- Police investigate murder of Oroville grandmother
- Butte County Voter Guide
- Police: Murder of Oroville grandmother 'brutal' and 'disturbing'
- Chico City Council to consider working with Jesus Center on proposed warming centers
- FEMA Opens Recovery Center
- Disaster Center Holiday Hours
- Trump signs order disbanding voter fraud commission
- California Voters May Decide Daylight Savings
- Voter Turnout Numbers Soar in Butte County