CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Veteran’s Resource Center had a grand opening Wednesday morning for its newly expanded office on Amber Grove Drive.
The center opened in Chico in 2013.
Thanks to the new expansion, the center can hire more staff and serve seven counties in the North State instead of two.
The center serves homeless veterans and veterans who are at risk of becoming homeless.
Veterans can be referred to Veteran Service Officers and Employment Centers.
There is also a food pantry at the center.
“A non-profit like ours really focuses on the veteran, stabilizing them and making sure they can be active members in their society and their community again,” said Shaloma Wolske, site director.
If you know a veteran that needs help click here.
- Chico Veteran’s Resource Center Expands
- New resource center
- Chico's Boundaries May Expand
- PG&E blackout: Medical Resource Center
- Checking in with Chico's School Resource Officers
- Boys & Girls Club Expands in Chico
- Veterans Day celebration in Chico
- Chico Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinic to offer expanded services in new building
- Homeless Day Resource Center in Paradise Needs Donations
- Bank donates building to be used as Paradise resource center