SACRAMENTO -- As first responders continue to assess the extent of damage from two significant earthquakes on successive days near the town of Ridgecrest, Governor Gavin Newsom today requested a Presidential Emergency Declaration for Direct Federal Assistance to further support the communities impacted by the earthquakes.
Governor Newsom’s request to the President and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for a Presidential Emergency Declaration can be found here.
Last night, Governor Newsom issued a statement on the work already underway by the state to assist the impacted communities.
More information on state and federal disaster declarations can be found here.
- Governor Newsom requests Presidential Emergency Declaration
- Governor Newsom declares state of emergency in 5 counties due to severe storms
- President Trump Approves California's Request for Presidential Major Disaster Declaration
- What Will be 'New' With Governor Newsom?
- Gavin Newsom Sworn in as California Governor
- Governor Newsom releases revised state budget
- Governor Newsom visits Paradise Ridge Elementary
- Gov. Newsom declares State of Emergency in Sonoma and LA counties
- Gavin Newsom files paperwork for CA Governor run
- Brown Backs Fellow Democrat Newsom for California Governor