OROVILLE, Calif. - Governor Jerry Brown pardoned Oroville Mayor Elect Chuck Reynolds today.
Reynolds was charged and convicted multiple times for drug possession over a four year period in the early 90s.
He served more than three years on one charge, and almost two on another.
In Brown's official statement he said that Reynolds paid his debt to society and has been an upstanding citizen since his release.
Brown also pardoned more than 140 former convicts.
- Governor Jerry Brown Pardons Oroville Mayor
- Governor Jerry Brown pardons 5 men facing deportation
- Governor Jerry Brown signs dam safety bill
- Gov. Jerry Brown Pardons Camp Fire Survivor for Past Drug Crimes
- Governor Jerry Brown delivers his final State of the State Address
- Governor Newsom grants 26 pardons & commutations
- California Gov. Jerry Brown to Lead Doomsday Clock Group
- Jerry Brown Wraps a 5-Decade History in California politics
- Gov. Jerry Brown Talks Climate Change on 'Meet the Press'
- Governor Brown scales back Twin Tunnels proposal